The USF Urban Teacher Residency Partnership Program is designed to prepare students to enter the classroom as effective, enthusiastic, and responsible educators. This clinically rich program embraces a pedagogy of inquiry, innovation, inclusion and integration. These four pillars serve as the foundation for the integration of coursework and field-based experiences in partnership school settings. This program provides students with valuable, active learning opportunities by integrating coursework with field-based experiences that equip students with skills to be highly qualified teachers in diverse settings.
The USF Urban Teacher Residency Partnership Program is an award winning K-5 teacher preparation program!*
- Recipient of a prestigious Federal i3 grant**
- Innovative STEM partnership with Hillsborough County Public Schools (HCPS)
- UTRPP integrates coursework & fieldwork, giving residents 2,000+ hours of mentoring in K-5 classrooms
- Hours are 7:30am to 3:30pm Monday through Friday
- $3,200 scholarship each year (2 years)
- Guaranteed teaching position in Hillsborough County upon completion of the program
- Get Started Today! A maximum of 35 students are accepted each year
*2014 Recipient of the Association of Teacher Educators Distinguished Teacher Education Program Award.
**In partnership with Hillsborough County Public School district, the Urban Teacher Residency Partnership Program was honored to receive a prestigious $3,400,000 i3 federal grant to support this innovative model of teacher preparation. As a recipient of this grant, the residency is seen as a national model for what is possible in teacher preparation.